Eriacta comes in the form of a 100 mg pill containing sildenafil citrate, and is sold in blister packs of 12, 32, 60, 92, 120, 180 and 360 pills. Eriacta is meant to be taken orally with a glass of water an hour before beginning sexual activity. Only one pill must be taken at a time, and you must not take more than one pill in a span of one day.
It's important that you tell your doctor about any health conditions you suffer from before you begin taking Eriacta. Tell your doctor if you have a history of cardiac disease, hypertension, stroke or heart attack. Also inform your doctor if you have vision conditions or eye problems like retinitis pigmentosa, kidney or liver problems or have a history of allergies to any food or drugs.
Certain types of drugs can react with the sildenafil citrate in Eriacta pills, leading to possible serious complications.
If you are taking these medications, avoid taking an Eriacta:
- Drugs containing any type of nitrates like nitroglycerin sprays or pills containing isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, Methscopolamine nitrate, and amyl nitrate poppers. Nitrate containing medications are typically used in the treatment of high blood pressure and cardiac problems. They can react very badly with the sildenafil citrate in your Eriacta pills, causing a dramatic and dangerous lowering of your blood pressure, and placing you at risk or a stroke or heart attack. These complications may even be fatal.
- Prescription drugs like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole that are used in the treatment of fungal infections.
- Certain HIV/AIDS therapies.
- Sildenafil citrate must also be avoided if you are taking Cisapride, Rifampin and Erythromycin.
- You must also never combine Eriacta pills with other products containing sildenafil like Viagra or Kamagra.
Most side effects associated with the use of Eriacta pills are minor, and may not leave a person with long lasting health damage. However, there may be other side effects that are more serious, and may require immediate medical attention. If these side effects continue without medical attention, they may cause permanent damage.
Minor side effects include headaches, digestion issues, flushing and diarrhea.
More serious side effects include:
- Chest pain
- Changes in vision or hearing
- Respiratory problems
- Accelerated or speedy heartbeat
- Irregular heart beat
- Prolonged erection lasting for more than 4 hours
- Allergic reactions like facial swelling, swelling of the tongue or lips, skin rashes or skin hive.
Be alert, and look for any signs of potential problems when you are taking Eriacta pills. If you notice any signs of chest or arm pain, feel faint, lose consciousness or have a erection that last for more than four hours, contact the doctor immediately.